Acceptance of Terms of Service
These Terms of Service are entered into between JWed ("services" “we”, “us”) and you.
Terms of Agreement
This Agreement will remain in full force and effect while you use the service and/or are a member. Either you or JWed may terminate your membership at any time, for any reason, without explanation. JWed reserves the right but not the obligation to immediately suspend or terminate your access to the JWed service, without notice at its sole discretion for any reason.
You can only use our Services under the following conditions:
You represent and warrant at all times that:
- You are over 18 and can enter into a legally binding contract with us.
- You meet the conditions for registration stated on the Service.
- You will comply with these Terms of Service, including our Safety Tips, Community Guidelines and all applicable laws and regulations.
- You will provide correct, accurate and true information that is not misleading. In particular, you must be truthful and honest when completing your profile and in your interactions with other users and with us.
- You acknowledge and agree that the Services’ purpose is to enable single individuals to connect on a personal, non-commercial and non-financial basis, with the primary goal of forming committed relationships as a couple. You must abide by and be respectful of the Services’ purpose at all times.
- You are not currently registered on a Sex Offender Register.
- You have never been convicted of an unlawful act involving fraud, a sexual offence, violence (including domestic violence), harassment, terrorism or a hate crime.
- By using this service, you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- You agree to provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself on your profile and all other Content, as defined below, including but not limited to your contact information.
- You agree to maintain and update all information posted by you anywhere on JWed and to keep it true, current, and complete. If any information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, non-current, or incomplete, JWed has the right but not the obligation to terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of JWed.
- You acknowledge that members are entitled to have one membership on JWed. JWed reserves the right but not the obligation to take all legal actions against any individual who attempts to have multiple memberships.
We reserve the right to decline, suspend or terminate your access or membership at any time if you do not meet any of these conditions.
By using the Services, you agree to take reasonable precautions when you interact with other users, particularly if you decide to communicate off the Services or meet in person. In addition, you agree to review our Safety Tips before you start using the Services and to follow them at all times when using our Services and interacting with other users. If you post and/or disclose to other users any confidential or sensitive information, such as personal information (surname, postal address, email, telephone number…) or financial information (e.g., credit card or bank account information), then you do so entirely at your own risk.
Key Safety Tips
- Don’t share your personal details too quickly and never give your address, email address or phone number to someone unless you trust them completely.
- Never pass on your passwords or confidential information.
- Be mindful of your children’s privacy and safety. Photos showing minors, even if they are with an adult, will be removed.
- Never send money, especially by bank transfer or money order, without making sure that the person you are speaking to is who they say they are. Don’t forget that scams can often be very convincing.
- You must not create more than one account.
- You must provide the mandatory information required in order to complete your profile on the Services, and keep such information up to date. You acknowledge and agree that some of this information will be published on the Services.
- Furthermore, your profile may be visible on some of our other services in certain circumstances, and thus available for users of other services to view. For more information on your profile visibility and associated settings, please go to the Help page.
- Information provided by users on the Services, during registration and at any time thereafter, must be accurate and true. The consequences that disclosing this information may have on a user’s life or the lives of other users are the exclusive responsibility of the user concerned. When you disclose and disseminate information, data, text, content, videos and images about you, you waive your right to make any claim against us, in particular on the basis of the possible infringement of your image or personality rights, honour, reputation or right to private life that may result from the distribution or dissemination of such information.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the login credentials you use to sign up for our Services, and you are solely responsible for all activities that occur under those credentials. If you think someone has gained access to your account, please contact us immediately at the address mentioned in the ‘Requests and Claims’ section below.
- By registering on JWed, you agree to have your e-mail address and other demographic information shared with JewishOffers.org. JewishOffers.org is 100% owned and operated by Frumster, Inc., the same company that owns and operates JWed.com. This allows advertisements to be sent through the JewishOffers.org site instead of the JWed site. You may adjust your JewishOffers.org e-mail settings by clicking 'unsubscribe' in any JewishOffers.org e-mail that you receive.
Rules of Conduct
As a user, you must abide by the following rules of conduct at all times and agree that you will not:
- violate our Community Guidelines, as updated from time to time;
- post any of your personal contact details or disseminate another person’s personal information (e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, etc.) in any manner whatsoever (in a Profile description, in a photo, etc.);
- post any content that violates or infringes anyone’s rights, including rights of publicity, private life, copyright, trademark or other intellectual property or contract right; impersonate any person or entity; solicit passwords for any purpose or solicit personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users; spam, solicit money from or defraud any user;
- mass send messages;
- post any content that is hate speech, threatening, sexually explicit or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence;
- post any content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- insult, bully, “stalk,” intimidate, assault, harass, mistreat or defame any person;
- use the Services for any harmful or nefarious purpose;
- use the Services in order to damage us or our JWed Company;
- use the Services in order to promote or to facilitate personal relationships of a transactional nature and/or services of a sexual nature and/or non-consensual sexual acts;
- use any robot, bot, spider, crawler, scraper, site search/retrieval application, proxy or other manual or other automatic device, method, process to access, retrieve, index, “data mine”, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Services or its contents;
- use another user’s account, share an account with another user, or maintain more than one account;
- create another account if JWed has already terminated your account, unless you have our permission.
Your breach of any of these rules of conduct constitutes a serious material breach of your contractual obligations under these Terms of Service.
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account without notice and without any refund if you have violated these obligations, misused the Services or behaved in a way that we regard as inappropriate or unlawful, including by reference to any action or communication that occurred on or off the Services.
This account closure will take effect without prejudice to any damages and interest which may be claimed by us from you as restitution for the losses incurred by us as a result of any breach of these Terms of Service.
Content Posted On JWed
- You understand and agree that JWed reserves the right but not the obligation to monitor and subsequently delete (including termination of membership itself) any and all content, public postings, messages between members, photos, and profiles, on the JWed website (Collectively, "Content") that in the sole judgment of JWed violate this Agreement or which might be offensive, illegal or that might violate the rights, harm or threaten the safety of JWed and/or its members or does not meet the standards of modesty as determined by JWed in its sole and absolute discretion with no regard to any other applied standard of the Jewish faith other than JWed's own interpretation.
- You are solely responsible for the Content that you publish or display on the JWed service, or transmit to other members.
- By posting Content on any public area of JWed, you automatically grant, and represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to JWed and other members an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully-paid, world-wide license to use, copy, perform, display and distribute such information and Content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such information and Content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing.
- Opinions, advice, statements, offers, advertisements or other information or Content made available through the JWed service, but not directly by JWed, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content. JWed does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information on the service and neither adopts nor endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, statement or Content made by members. Under no circumstances will JWed be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from anyone's reliance on Content or other information posted on the JWed service, or transmitted to JWed members. JWed is not responsible for the use of any personal information that you disclose on the service. Please carefully select the type of information that you post on the JWed service or release to others.
The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited on the website.
JWed may but will not be obligated to investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates this Agreement, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the service and terminating the membership of such violators. If content is:
- is patently offensive to the online community, such as Content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- does not meet the standards of modesty as determined by JWed in its sole and absolute discretion with no regard to any other applied standard of the Jewish faith other than JWed's own interpretation.
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters", or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";
- promotes information that you know is false, misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- displays pornographic or sexually explicit material of any kind;
- provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other members or users; and
- engages in commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes;
- contains any personal contact information, such as, but not limited to e-mail address, internet links, instant message screen names, phone #s, and your full real name.
You must use the JWed service in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations
- You may not engage in advertising to, or solicitation of, other members to buy or sell any products or services through the service.
- You will not transmit any chain letters or junk e-mail to other JWed members. Although JWed can not monitor the conduct of its members or users outside of the JWed website, it is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the service in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit or sell to any member or user without their prior explicit consent.
- JWed is a religious based site and it's continued existence, membership and viability is premised upon the integrity of the site and it's content. If you are in violation of the terms of service in this regard, you understand and agree that JWed's immediate damages may not be then ascertainable and accordingly, you agree that JWed shall be entitled to liquidated damages in the amount of $5,000.00 per violation.
Services: Subscription & Paid For Services
- Any subscription purchased shall be final and nonrefundable.
- Should a member in any manner violate these terms of service, JWed has the right but not the obligation to terminate your subscription with no refund for the unused portion of your subscription period.
- Should a member choose to terminate his or her subscription, no refund shall be provided for the unused portion of the subscription.
- By purchasing a subscription, you agree and authorize JWed to renew your subscription automatically unless and until you disable auto-renew at least 1 day before the end of your subscription period..
- We operate an international service to a diverse community of users. Our pricing structure may vary by country, length of subscription, distribution channel, special offers and promotions. We regularly test new features to provide users with increased functionality and free or paid-for options should they choose to use them. We may also from time-to-time change or stop offering certain types of Purchases.
- Recurring subscriptions and/or one-off purchases (“Purchases”) allow access to additional features and functionalities. The details of such paid-for services (“Paid Service(s)”) are available for you to consult on our Services, prior to concluding a Purchase.
Terms of Purchase
- You authorize JWed to automatically renew your subscription unless you cancel at least one day prior to renewal.
- You can cancel online at anytime prior to renewal by visiting 'Account' and then 'Your Subscription' and checking off 'Do Not Renew'. Please note, this page only becomes available on your account after you purchase a subscription.
- Subscription purchases are final and nonrefundable.
- Failed renewal transactions are retried for up to thirty days after your renewal date.
- Should a subscriber in any manner violate the Terms of Service, JWed has the right but not the obligation to terminate your subscription with no refund for the unused portion of your subscription period. Should a subscriber choose to suspend or delete his or her profile, no refund shall be provided for the remaining subscription period.
- JWed does not guarantee that intended recipients of communications will receive or reply to messages nor does it make any other promises or warranties of any kind.
Services: Free Options
- Your registration may or may not allow access to some services depending on promotions offered. These features are not the same depending on the type of Services you have registered for and may change over time.
- Free features and functionalities may or may not include include the creation of your account profile, certain search functionalities, browsing other user’s profiles and access to some events and activities. Communicating with other users generally requires a subscription.
- We may from time to time offer profile badges, distinctions or similar items for users to obtain depending as to whether they fulfill the qualifying criteria to gain that item.
Badges, Distinctions and The Like
We make no representations or warranties regarding the holder of a badge, distinction or similar item, as they are generally earned based on that user’s self-declaration, which we cannot verify.
- JWed may provide external e-mail messages or online content from advice columnists who respond to "dating and relationship" questions. Any statements made by advice columnists are provided for entertainment purposes only, and are not intended, and should not be taken, as specific advice in any particular circumstance. Such content or messages does not constitute counseling of any kind.
- Users with personal problems or who may be seeking personal advice applicable to their personal situation, are urged to consult with a qualified counselor with respect to such issues.
Notifications and Services messages
By using the Services, you consent to us providing you with important notices about your account or the Services. These notices can be shared directly on the Services, via app notifications or through other means associated with your account, like email. Please review your Settings to control the kind of messages you receive from us. You acknowledge and agree that we will have no liability associated with or arising from your failure to maintain accurate contact or other information, including, but not limited to, your failure to receive critical information and notifications.
Our goal is to allow users to express themselves freely as long as it doesn’t offend others. Everyone is held to the same standard on JWed.
We’re asking you to be considerate, think before you act and abide by our community guidelines both on and offline. You heard that right: Your offline behavior can lead to termination of your JWed account.
Below is a list of our community policies. If you violate any of these rules, you might be banned from JWed.
We encourage you to report any behavior that violates our policies, and read up on our Safety Tips.
We’re not asking you to cover up in a ski parka or even speak in full sentences, but please keep it classy and appropriate for public consumption. No nudity or sexually explicit content, and don’t chronicle all of your sexual desires in your bio. Keep it clean.
Do not engage, or encourage others to engage, in any targeted abuse or harassment against any other user. This includes sending any unsolicited sexual content to your matches. Reports of stalking, threats, bullying or intimidation are taken very seriously.
Violence and Physical Harm
We do not tolerate violent, graphic or gory content on JWed, or any actions or content that advocate for or threaten violence of any sort, including threatening or promoting terrorism. Physical assault, coercion and any acts of violence are strictly prohibited.
Content that advocates for or glorifies suicide or self-harm is also not allowed. In these situations, we may take a number of steps to assist the user, including reaching out with crisis resources.
Any content that promotes, advocates for or condones racism, bigotry, hatred, or violence against individuals or groups based on factors like (but not limited to) race, ethnicity, religious affiliation, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or pollical affiliation is not allowed.
Don’t publicly broadcast any private information, whether yours or anyone else’s. This includes social security numbers, passports, passwords, financial information or unlisted contact information, such as phone numbers, email addresses and home/work addresses.
Don’t be fake. Be real instead. Don’t use JWed to drive people to external websites via a link or otherwise.
Promotion or Solicitation
Soliciting other users is prohibited on JWed. It’s fine to invite your matches to something that you’re doing, but if the purpose of your profile is to advertise your event or business, non-profit, political campaign, contest or to conduct research, we have the right to delete your account.
Prostitution and Trafficking
Promoting or advocating for commercial sexual services, human trafficking or other non-consensual sexual acts is strictly prohibited and will result in your account being banned from JWed immediately.
JWed has a zero-tolerance policy on predatory behavior of any kind. Anyone attempting to get other users’ private information for fraudulent or illegal activity may be banned. Any user caught sharing their own financial account information (PayPal, Venmo, etc.) for the purpose of receiving money from other users may also be banned from JWed.
Do not impersonate, or otherwise misrepresent affiliation, connection or association with any person or entity. This includes parody accounts.
Limitations on Liability
You acknowledge and accept that:
- JWed cannot and does not ensure the personal security or privacy of any member as a consequence of any members' contact, meeting or encounter with any other individual through the JWed service. Further, JWed has performed no screening, background checks, or verification of any information provided by its members, and it is the responsibility of each member to take any steps deemed advisable to ensure their personal safety and security. Any screening by JWed is limited to Content review without any investigation other than review of the Content itself in other to protect the integrity of the service.
- JWed is not liable for any damages, direct, indirect, incidental and or consequential, arising out of the use of this service, including without limitation damages arising out of communicating and or meeting with other members of this service or introduced to you via this service, such damages include without limitation, physical damages, bodily injury and or emotional distress or discomfort.
- JWed cannot ensure the security or privacy of information that you provide through the Internet or your messages, and you release us from any and all liability in connection with the use of information by other parties.
- JWed is not responsible for the use by others of any information which you provide to them, and you should use caution in selecting the personal information you provide to others through JWed, and you release us from any and all liability in connection with the use of such information.
- JWed cannot assume any responsibility for the Content of any messages sent by other members, or profiles or other content posted on JWed in any manner, and you release us from any and all liability in connection with the contents of any communications you may receive from other members or users.
- In no event will JWed be liable to you for any incidental, consequential, or indirect damages (including, but not limited to, damages for loss of data, loss of programs, cost of procurement of substitute services or service interruptions) arising out of the use of or inability to use the JWed service, even if JWed or its agents or representatives know or have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- In no event will JWed be liable to you or any third person for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including lost profits arising from your use of the website or the JWed service, even if JWed has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, JWed's liability to you for any cause whatsoever, and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount paid, if any, by you to JWed for the service during the term of membership.
You agree to indemnify and hold JWed, its officers, directors, employees, volunteers, affiliates, agents and other partners and employees, harmless from any and all loss, liability, costs, expenses, claim or demand, including all attorneys' fees, made by you or any third party due to or arising out of use of the service in any manner, including but not limited to violation of this Agreement or any breach of your representations and warranties.
Non Commercial Use
The service is for the personal use of individuals only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors. Organizations, companies and/or businesses may not become members of JWed and should not use JWed or the website for any purpose. Illegal and/or unauthorized uses of the service, including also, unauthorized framing of or linking to the website will be investigated and appropriate legal action will be taken, including without limitation civil, criminal and injunctive redress.
Frumster, Inc. owns and retains other proprietary rights on the JWed website and the JWed service. The website contains the copyrighted material, trademarks, and other proprietary information of JWed and its licensors. In addition, other members may post copyrighted information, which has copyright protection whether or not it is identified as copyrighted. Except for that information which is in the public domain or for which you have been given permission, you may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, "Reverse Engineer" or sell any such proprietary information.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other JWed members or users. JWed reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor and investigate disputes between you and other members.
You acknowledge and accept that:
- JWed is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted anywhere on the website including in correspondence between members and users, whether caused by members, users, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the service, nor for the conduct of any user and/or member or JWed whether online or off-line.
- JWed does not guarantee delivery of mail nor does it guarantee a response from members contacted through its service.
- JWed assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, user and/or member communications.
- JWed is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to users and/or members or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with the JWed website and/or in connection with the JWed service.
- Under no circumstances will JWed be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from anyone's use of the website or the service and/or any Content posted on the JWed website or transmitted to JWed members.
- The website and the service are provided "AS-IS" and JWed expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement or implied warranties of merchantability.
- JWed cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the website and/or the JWed service.
- JWed does not warrant that any defects in the service will be corrected.
U.S. Export Controls
Software from this website is further subject to United States export controls. No software from this website may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) any Country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods; or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using the software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
JWed reserves the right to change any of the terms and conditions in this agreement, at any time and in its sole discretion.
Neither the rights nor the obligations arising under this Agreement are assignable or transferable by you, and any such attempted assignment or transfer shall be void and without effect. JWed may assign this Agreement to any successor, affiliate or assignee.
Choice of Law, Venue, Jurisdiction, Costs
If there is any dispute about or involving the website and/or the service, by using the service, you agree that the dispute will be governed by the laws of the State of New Jersey without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You agree to personal jurisdiction by and venue solely in the County of Passaic, State of New Jersey. In the event of any dispute, should JWed prevail, you will be responsible for all costs, expenses and attorneys fees incurred by JWed. Under no circumstances will JWed be responsible for any cost, expenses or attorneys fees incurred by you.
This Agreement, accepted upon use of the service and or membership of JWed, contains the entire agreement between you and Frumster, Inc. regarding the use of the website and/or the service. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
The headings used in this Agreement are for reference only and should not be relied upon for legal content.
JWed's limitation on liabilities, any representations and or warranties provided by you, all indemnity provided by you and all provisions governing any conflict between you and JWed will survive the term of this Agreement